Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Little Computer People - iPhone app

Back in 1985 there was a nifty little game called "Little Computer People" by Activision. Anyone else remember this game?

I'd love to see an iPhone app that emulates this game. The premise was that a little person lived inside your Commodore 64 and that you could interact with him. This concept was later ripped off by The Sims. Perhaps I should use the word "inspired." Anyway, I'd love to see this developed on the iPhone!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Computer_People

I seem to recall that your little computer person could die if you left him without food, and that you could play some simple card games with him. There was also a pet that ran around the house, a record player, TV, and other things. Imagine how this concept could be updated with games inside games and tie-ins to your music player! What if the little beggar would have a musical preference of himself and would pick songs to play based on your collection? I could go on forever about this, but needless to say I'd love to see Acivision pick this project up again!

No comments:

Post a Comment